Friday 9 March 2012

Copify


Copify

So lately I have been completing a lot of work for a UK copywriting agency called Copify, and thought I would review my experiences for anyone else interested in joining the Copify team.

The process to join the site is relatively simple. After filling out an application, you will be asked to submit a couple of writing examples which determine whether your profile will be set at the ‘professional’ or ‘standard’ level. Professional jobs pay more than standard ones and are only open to professional-quality writers, meaning the client gets a guaranteed level of writing and expertise.

Once signed up, you scour the jobs board for open assignments and take on any you feel qualified to write for. You can also set up email notifications that tell you when a new job is available in a certain sector.

Copify is a great way to make some extra money on the side, although there are a few issues. The sheer number of copywriters working for the site means that competition for jobs is fierce and the best assignments can be snapped up immediately. I have experienced more than once an occasion where I have seen a great assignment that was open and free, and by the time I’ve logged in someone has taken it!

Recently the company has introduced a limit to the number of jobs any one writer can take at once – a writer can only accept two jobs at a time now and must complete one of them before accepting another – which seems to have sorted out some of the work flow issues.

There can also be issues with the email alerts arriving far too late in your inbox. Again, I have had email alerts sent to me telling me there are new jobs available, only to find they have been taken by the time I get to the site.

Aside from these issues though, Copify is a good resource for any UK copywriters looking to sharpen their skill and make a little extra money on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers